The Employee and Labor Relations Team provides services and advises employees and managers about employment related concerns, including disciplinary matters, performance improvement plans, equal opportunity, affirmative action and disability services (EAD). Concerns can be brought to the attention of the Employee and Labor Relations team from faculty, staff, patients and visitors. Employee and Labor Relations is responsible for:
- Investigations of potential violations of policies, concerns raised about discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace.
- Raising a concern or complaint about harassment or discrimination
- Dispute resolution process
- Union contract
- Accommodation process requesting either medical or religious related work accommodations
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action reporting
- Leave of Absence process, including Family And Medical Leave Act request
- Training on employment laws, anti-discrimination and harassment
See also: Compliance
Employee and Labor Relations is managed by Rochelle Johnson, Director, Employee and Labor Relations. If you need to contact us, you can reach us at:
- Phone: 615.343.4759
- Fax: 615.343.2176
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: 2525 West End Avenue, Suite 500, Nashville, TN 37203
The Employee and Labor Relations Team is responsible for ensuring that VUMC submits all federal equal opportunity and affirmative action reporting requirements. This includes:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring VUMC Affirmative Action Programs in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Labor Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP) guidelines.
- Responding to federal and state reporting requirements such as Title VII Compliance Questionnaires (often referred to as EEO-1 reports).
- Providing VUMC response for Vets-100 Report which is a requirement of the Federal Contractor Program Veterans' Employment Report.
If your department receives a notice of filing for EEO-1 or VETS-100 report or any other state or federal equal opportunity or affirmative action reporting requirement, please direct it to the Employee and Labor Relations team for action. We will work with your department to ensure that the required report is submitted in a timely manner.